Wagamama benches are back!
Wagamama, Chelmsford is now open for dine-in. In the spirit of kaizen, we’ve embraced positive change and introduced a range of safety measures, including our ingenious new sliding screens that will keep guests socially distant without impacting guest dining experience. it might even enhance it!
Looking after our teams + guests is our top priority and we’ve introduced a few small changes to help us stay safe, the wagamamaway.
- new moveable screens, inspired by japanese partition designs (shoji). these stylish additions cleverly take advantage of our iconic wagamama benches, making them more accommodating than ever
- a safety host will greet you at the door to ensure socially distanced queuing, and manage flow in and out of our restaurants
- increased hygiene routines will be enhanced, with hand sanitiser stations for guests and a rigorous regime for staff
- disposable menuson placemats with cutlery and condiments being brought to table, only once you are ready to be seated, to help eliminate additional touch points
- cashless payments through a simple pay on phone mechanic at the end of the meal which minimises staff contact, and adheres to the government’s contact and trace request.the name and phone number of at least one person in the group visiting the restaurant is taken (this is stored temporarily for 3 weeks only)
- we’re not taking bookings just yet, to help our smaller teams deliver their best bowls safely. we plan to introduce this feature soon, but for now it’s first come, first served, safely of course! anyone that can’t be seated immediately will be asked to wait in a managed, socially distant queue.